Kilkenny City & Waterford Crystal Day Tour by Train
What can I expect
- Day tour to Kilkenny and Waterford
- Reserved seats on the train coach
- Host to guide you through your day
- Admission to Killkenny Road Station and Waterford Crystal Visitor Centre
- Return travel on train
Depart Heuston Rail Station at 7:25am and travel through the suburbs of Dublin City and begin the journey to Kilkenny. Experience many beautiful views and scenery as you travel through the gorgeous countryside of Kildare. Along this journey you will pass the famous racecourse, The Curragh and then through County Carlow and then enter County Kilkenny where you will have your first stop.
- At 9:00am you will stop at Kilkenny, located on the River Nore. You will have over 2 hours to explore this wonderful medieval city. There are plenty of castles to see in this Irish City and during the months of April to October there is a guided tour of Kilkenny by road train.
- You will depart Kilkenny by train at 11:40am and head for Waterford.
- Arriving in the Viking Town of Waterford at 12:20pm, you pass Jerpoint Abbey which is from the 12th century.
- When you arrive at Waterford Station you will then travel to the Waterford Crystal Visitor Centre where you will be given a guided tour. On this tour you will witness the skills that the craftsmen have for blowing and cutting the crystal glass.
- You will have a lunch stop where you get the chance to grab a bite to eat and there is plenty of choice in Waterford as the city has plenty of local pubs and bars.
- The train departs Waterford at 4:25pm and heads West as it travels the breath-taking Suir Valley through Tipperary.
- Once you have passed through the town of Tipperary you will change trains at Limerick Junction.
- No need to worry about these changes as the tour host will be with you to escort you onto the train and to the location of your reserved seats.
- Arrive back in Heuston Station in Dublin at 8:00pm